Applications are being accepted for several Wisconsin Medical Society (WisMed) offices, and all nomination materials are due to WisMed’s Nominating Committee by Monday, January 2, 2023.
Please consider applying for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2023-2024
- AMA Delegate for 2023, 2024 and 2025 (three positions) – George Lange, MD, of River Hills (incumbent, eligible for reelection; 2024 and 2025)
- AMA Alternate Delegate for 2023, 2024 and 2025 (five positions) – Don Lee, MD, of Franklin (incumbent, eligible for reelection; 2024 and 2025)
The Nominating Committee will meet Friday, January 20, 2023, at 4 p.m. via Zoom. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for WisMed offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the membership.
The President-Elect helps WisMed develop innovative ways to maintain its relevancy, increase membership and engage physicians in WisMed initiatives that improve the practice of medicine and the health care environment.
The physician who is elected as President-Elect makes a three-year commitment to WisMed. The physician serves as President-Elect in the first year, automatically succeeds to President the second year and serves as the Immediate Past President in the third year. During this three-year period, the physician will have many duties, some of which include attending Board meetings and annual meetings, working with WisMed Councils/Committees/Task Forces, serving as a spokesperson, visits to county medical societies. The amount of time spent on WisMed activities will vary, but candidates might expect to spend 12–15 days per year on various meetings and other tasks. Some activities might occur on weekends.
AMA Delegates/Alternates description
AMA Delegates and Alternate Delegates innovate and collaborate to advance changes in laws and policies at the national level to benefit physicians across the country, including in Wisconsin.
AMA Delegates/Alternate Delegates attend WisMed, AMA and regional meetings, support campaigns to elect Delegates to AMA committees, serve on special committees and review resolutions and policy positions to advance the interests of Wisconsin physicians and improve the practice of medicine throughout the United States. While the amount of time spent on WisMed activities will vary, candidates should plan to spend 17–20 days per year on various meetings and other tasks. Some of the activities might occur on weekends.
All materials can be submitted via the candidate questionnaire form. Alternatively, communications can be emailed to Stephanie Taylor or mailed to the Nominating Committee at: Mike Flesher, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701. Access the candidate questionnaire for AMA Delegate and AMA Alternate Delegate or President-elect and the conflict of interest form.
Those serving on 2022-2023 Nominating Committee are:
- District 1—Arthur Angove, DO; Jesse Ehrenfeld, MD; David Galbis-Reig, MD; Joshua Gershtenson, MD; Cynthia Jones-Nosacek, MD; Anthony Rieder, MD; David Tylicki, MD
- District 2—Lynn Broderick, MD; Michele Brogunier, MD; Amy Doherty, DO; Michael Grajewski, MD; Natalie Wheeler, MD
- District 3—Hilary Bingol, MD; Michael White, DO
- District 4—Lopa Kabir-Islam, MD; Michele Montgomery, MD
- District 5—Joanne Pasiuk, MD
- District 6—Bradley Burmeister, MD; Kenneth Pechman, MD
- District 7—Alison Jones, MD
- District 8—Leo Bay, MD
- Specialty Sections—Leslie Abitz, MD
- Resident/Fellow—Hannah Johnshoy, MD
- Medical Students—Kyle Cass, Medical College of Wisconsin; Alyssa Fleischman, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Note: WisMed will post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter on the WisMed website. WisMed will post the conflict-of-interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees on WisMed’s website after nomination by the Committee.
Please also consider nominating a colleague who volunteers to improve the health and well-being of their community for Physician Citizen of the Year. Click here to learn more.
For questions or more information, email Stephanie Taylor.
Back to top