Nominations are now being accepted for several Wisconsin Medical Society (Society) offices, and all nomination materials are due to the Society’s Nominating Committee by Monday, January 4, 2021.
Candidates are sought for the following offices:
- President-Elect for 2021-2022
- AMA Delegate for 2022 and 2023 (two positions) – George Lange, MD, of River Hills (incumbent and eligible for reelection); Charles Rainey, MD, JD of River Hills (ineligible for reelection)
- AMA Alternate Delegate for 2022 and 2023 – Don Lee, MD, of Milwaukee; Nameeta Dookeran, MD, of Waukesha (both incumbents and eligible for reelection)
All candidates must submit a curriculum vitae not to exceed three pages, a cover letter no longer than one page, a completed candidate questionnaire for the office the candidate is seeking and a completed Disclosure of Significant Affiliations (conflict of interest) form. The candidate questionnaire forms are available here.*
The Nominating Committee will meet Friday, Jan. 22, 2021, at 4 p.m. via Zoom. The Committee will interview and evaluate the candidates for Society offices and prepare a slate of nominees for presentation to the membership.
Those serving on 2020-2021 Nominating Committee are:
- District 1—Arthur Angove, DO, of New Berlin; Joshua Gershtenson, MD, of Kenosha; David Galbis-Reig, MD, of Racine; Michelle Graham, MD, of Milwaukee; Cynthia Jones-Nosacek, MD, of Milwaukee; Aurora Lybeck, MD, of Hartford; Anthony Rieder, MD, of Wauwatosa.
- District 2—Lynn Broderick, MD, of Madison; Michele Brogunier, MD, of Madison; Natalie Wheeler, MD, of Madison; Alan Schwartzstein, MD, of Oregon.
- District 3—Hilary Bingol, MD, of La Crosse; Michael White, MD, of Onalaska.
- District 4—Larry Gordon, DO, of Weston; Michele Montgomery, MD, of Wausau; William Raduege, MD, of Woodruff.
- District 5—Bret Pasiuk, MD, of Fond du Lac.
- District 6—Bradley Burmeister, MD, of Green Bay.
- District 7—Cecil Berlie, MD, of Eau Claire; Lee Hofer, MD, of Eau Claire.
- District 8—Charles Bertel, MD, of Ashland.
- Specialty Sections—Vacant.
- Resident/Fellow—Evan Henricks, MD, of Milwaukee.
- Medical Students—Kyle Bevers, Medical College of Wisconsin; Noah Borchardt, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Communications to the Nominating Committee should be addressed to Clyde “Bud” Chumbley, MD, MBA, CEO, Wisconsin Medical Society, PO Box 1109, Madison, WI 53701. Communications also can be emailed to Noreen Krueger. Click here to learn more about the nominating process and to download the candidate questionnaires and the conflict of interest form.*
Note: The Society will post the completed candidate questionnaire and cover letter on WisMed Community upon submission. The Society will post the conflict of interest form of all candidates selected by the Nominating Committee as nominees on WisMed Community after nomination by the Committee.
For questions or more information, email Noreen Krueger.
*WisMed Community is a members-only resource and will require you to log in. For questions or assistance please contact Anne Hauer.
Back to top